Mount Midoriyami

Today, dear readers of the page, I conquered and smashed my exercise goals! First of all, I went to the gym by myself. They let me in, which I wasn’t expecting because I am a guest member. Egg is the card-holding member. I gave my phone number, and the attendant said “got you, sir.” I didn’t correct him, partly out of shock, partly because I didn’t shave today, and to a lesser extent, I didn’t want to have to explain that, no, in fact I am a trans woman. It would have been the perfect time, but they have my i.d. on file, and it is under my deadname, so it would take a bit of explaining, even though I had on my rainbow shirt with the trans sign square in the middle of it. Ahh, the life of a trans woman not quite passing. Like I said before, I don’t think I will ever pass, and I have to be okay with that.

Back to the purpose of going to the gym, though. I am trying to get my cardio up in time for my surgery. It is coming up fast, and I am not where i want to be. Egg is slaving away at work, so in I go by myself. Once checked in, I select a treadmill, get my earphones in, and select the soundtrack for my workout. Paul Oakenfold’s Tranceport; an oldie but a goodie. I set the treadmill for a workout of 45 minutes. This is important, as this will be the first time I try this amount of time. We usually do 30 minutes. Not today folks. I also set the difficulty at level 3 as opposed to level 2, and off I went. After 15 minutes, I was breathing heavy, with sweat dotting my brow. At 20 minutes, I didn’t think I was going to get through 30 minutes, let alone 45. But, I pushed on, letting the music guide my legs back and forth. One foot in front of the other foot, as it were. I DID IT, DEAR READERS OF THE PAGE!!! 45 minutes later, with sweat pouring off my body, and my glasses slipping down the bridge of my nose, I was triumphant!  I survived and conquered my own Mount Midoriyami! I am feeling pretty damn good right now.

During my workout, towards the beginning actually (and I am thankful for it) I had two phone calls come in. One from my surgeons office. I finally got all the prescriptions and lab work requisitions that I needed to have before the 25th of this month. Yay for that! The second call was from my mother, as they are going out of town to attend the funereal of one of my relatives who passed recently. Sad, but my parents have great big hearts, and this was needed, so they are off later today. Like I said though, thankfully these calls came at the beginning of my workout and not towards the end. I was able to keep on pushing on while talking to both parties.

In other news, Kristine, my therapist was in an auto accident, and was shaken enough to have to miss some work. This was the reason she hadn’t returned my calls. But I caught her by text one morning, and she then called my disability adjudicator and faxed all the necessary paperwork in. I still have to keep the appointment with the state sponsored psych because it is on Tuesday, and the adjudicator probably still wanted me to go. She said the reason was because of it being so close, it would be too hard to cancel now. I think she just really wants more information on my current state of affairs. It irks me that I have to spend 30 minutes to an hour with this one person who could deny my benefits based on how I present during this short time. It actually pisses me off, but I have to play in the system or I will come up short. I really need this disability to come through.

So that’s it for now, my friends. Enjoy the rest of y’alls day!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s